Position Description & Responsibilities
Merrimack College’s Winston School of Education & Social Policy is seeking a Director of Field Placement and Licensure, Teacher Education to coordinate and oversee the placement of undergraduate and graduate students pursuing licensure, and the state licensure process, in collaboration with program faculty and staff. The ideal candidate will have experience working with licensure standards, and collaborating with school building leaders and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Responsibilities will be undertaken collaboratively with the department chair, program directors, and other faculty as well as department administrative assistants and include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting workshops and advising students on the pre-practicum, Candidate Assessment of Performance (CAP), and add license processes, as needed.
- Training and supervision of Supervising Practitioners and Program Supervisors in the CAP process.
- Placement of undergraduate and graduate students for pre-practicum and practicum experiences.
- Use of technology for remote training and advising purposes.
- Assisting students in the endorsement/licensing process.
- Maintaining key student and organizational files required by the state of Massachusetts.
- Training of faculty and staff on DESE policies and updates to those policies.
- Oversee federal and state reporting requirements for teacher education programs.
M.A. or M.Ed. degree, experience as a teacher or administrator in K-12 schools, teaching and/or administrative experience in higher education, advising experience, and experience with the Candidate Assessment of Performance process. Demonstrated organizational, technological, data management, and professional communications skills are all essential. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 9/19/21
Position Code: 050