Position Overview: Merrimack College has seen tremendous growth over the past decade, combining bold ideas and strategic goals to grow the student population and enhance the on-campus experience for all. The Director of Residence Life is a crucial member of the Residence Life leadership team, responsible for directing the operations and maintenance of residence hall facilities and fostering an environment which facilitates the education of resident populations and their social, spiritual, cultural, and physical health and development in ways reflective of the Catholic and Augustinian mission of the college.
- Develop department strategic plan, including mission and vision of the department as it relates to the Agenda for Distinction. Implement and oversee meeting of goals set forth.
- Serve as the public face of the department within the institution and with outside constituents.
- Develop and monitor operating budget for residence areas and central office. Negotiate all financial agreements with outside vendors in conjunction with the College’s Procurement Office.
- Provide oversight of all Operations to maintain on campus occupancy, provide direction for room selection, and prepare for residential growth.
- Provide oversight of all for Staff Training, Selection and Development to provide and oversee a comprehensive ongoing training and selection process for professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Direct the development of a comprehensive model of community engagement for overall growth and development of resident students.
- Provide oversight to ensure that assessment occurs of departmental initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with offices across campus, including being the primary liaison to Facilities to provide an optimal student experience for students.
- Serve on college committees as assigned and develop collaborative relationships with other college departments (such as the Retention Committee, Matriculation Committee, LLC Committee etc.).
- Assist with central office tasks such as room selection, openings, closings, RA selection and training; attend weekly staff meetings and participate in divisional committees; maintain familiarity with current trends in higher education; manage departmental calendar.
- Serve as a member of the on campus emergency response team in the event of an emergency or crisis situation.
- Serve in the Administrator on Call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel, Counseling, or a related field required. Minimum of 5 years of full time experience in a Residence Life program.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack college is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity,and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 8/19/20
Position Code: 0726