Position Overview & Responsibilities
Merrimack College is looking for a Director of Retention and Career Systems. Reporting to the Vice President and Dean of Student Outcomes and Success, this person will manage the student success CRM for currently enrolled students and is responsible for all data needs of the Vice President’s office including but not limited to the overall design, administration, maintenance, and support of the Technolutions Slate CRM platform. This position will work collaboratively to support the success and retention efforts of the college and collaborate with offices across campus. This will include data uploads, interface with CX, Google products, Blackboard, communication support, production of reports, user training, and system integration. The position requires a commitment to and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion, preferably in a higher education setting, cultural competency, and ability to relate to and to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty, representing diverse identities, communities and experiences
- Oversee the day-to-day administration and management of the Slate CRM platform for the retention instance.
- Provide support of Slate’s functionality in the areas of queries, form development, document management, communications, workflow maintenance, data uploads.
- Design, maintain, and enhance custom online portals for users.
- Perform system configuration, maintenance, enhancement, and quality control processes.
- Manage the integration of data between Slate CRM and products such as AdmitHub, Google sheets and Jenzabar CX.
- Ensure accuracy, high quality and integrity of data entered into our systems through assessment and quality control reviews and audits.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for application processing in Slate, data integration between Slate and other systems
- Identify, collaborate, and incorporate new Slate CRM functionality and enhancements for campus partners; to include timelines, testing, documentation, and execution of a training plan.
- Primary technical liaison for Slate CRM with internal campus partners (ie. Information Technology, Institutional Effectiveness, Admissions, Bursar, Registrar, Student Life)
- Provide end user training and support, to include managing user accounts, profiles, permissions, and onboarding new users.
- Be (become) an active member of the Slate community, to include but not limited to; attend the annual Slate Summit conference, webinars, and other professional development opportunities
- Manages the processes for the registration of all incoming freshmen for fall classes and the summer academic communications flow with the Office of Admissions, School Offices and incoming students
- Develop and maintain the summer incoming student database and liaison with the Office of Student Life on Orientation issues related to registration
- Develop, manage and maintain each semester’s registration list that tracks the registration and outreach, communication to students and to colleagues across the college & tracks the response of students to the outreach.
- Pull, validate and share all midterm and final grade reports with ASC & O’Brien Center staff.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience working in higher education is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of experience with implementing, customizing and managing a Slate CRM system - or similar product such as Salesforce, EAB, Anthology etc.
- Solid working knowledge with online forms, process builders, data integration,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Cultural competence and ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies
- Ability to thrive in a data-orientated, analytical environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to shift in changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, with tight and shifting deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of common computer applications for relationship management
- Basic knowledge of Adobe suite and Tableau
- Experience working with CX, SPSS or similar systems/programs
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 11/9/21
Position Code: 790