Position Overview: Under the leadership of the Dean, the Director of the Office of the Dean is primarily responsible for providing executive management and support to the Dean. The Director manages the daily operations of the School of Science and Engineering and facilitates the Dean’s executive level affairs including budget, meetings, schedule, briefings, events and commitments. The Director manages the office flow of work through the office by performing complex and diverse duties. He/She will interpret and resolve highly varied situations and problems while exercising discretion and independent judgement. This role may serve as the ambassador for the School of Science and Engineering and is a trusted advisor to the Dean of the School of Science and Engineering.
- Leads the operational administrative functions of the School of Science and Engineering, particularly with regard to the undergraduate program.
- Manages the Dean’s calendar, and scheduling, travel, and complex itinerary preparation. Reviews calendar on a daily basis with Dean to ensure proper meeting preparation and schedule flow. Using multimedia resources, coordinates meetings, led by the Dean and prepares agendas, presentations, and meeting materials.
- Anticipates the needs of the Dean while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Prioritizes matters that require the Dean’s attention and assists with developing and executing implementation plans.
- Compose drafts, edits, and proofreads memoranda, correspondence and reports from rough draft.
- Serves as Project Manager for special projects as assigned by the Dean.
- Creates and manages the school budget cost centers and oversees purchasing and expenditures.
- Bachelors degree
- 8 or more years of experience working in higher education, science and/or engineering school experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with academic faculty, staff, and students.
- Organizational, operational, and financial management skills required.
- Strong analytical skills desired.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.