Position Overview: Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Teaching, Learning, and Digital Innovation, the Director of User Services will manage and direct all activities in support of our help desk services to faculty, staff, and students. The User Services Director will track and monitor requests and serve as the liaison between the end user and issue resolution. The User Services Director must understand the needs of faculty, staff, and students and be able to provide seamless support throughout the institution’s academic calendar.
- Day-to-day oversight of all User Services activities as well as manages ongoing projects and tasks
- Manage any IT staff or students and associated assignments to include Help Desk, Desktop Technology
- Trains staff to help customers use products properly
- Staffs and trains team of technical support specialists for PC/Apple support, helpdesk support, and training support initiatives
- Provide ongoing review of system operating requirements in alignment with budget planning
- Provide up-to-date system and process documentation and inventories
- Manage all related vendor support contracts for end user hardware and software not related to classrooms and labs
- Reviews help desk work orders to ensure timeliness and quality of responses
- Coordinate and manage software purchases and licensing for the college and manage Budget for User Services with CIO
- Advise and recommend policy and procedure improvements as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is required. Significant equivalent experience may be considered as a substitute for the degree requirement
- Five years’ experience in a technology related, direct customer service role with at least three years in a management/supervisory role is also required.
- Candidates must enjoy working in a team environment supporting a varied constituency and possess a solid working knowledge of the technologies used in higher education.
- Experience with Windows and Mac environments
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
- A strong customer orientation and the ability to learn new technology skills quickly and develop strategies for provision of services.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
To Apply: Please apply online with a cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: 8/3/20
Position Code: 0143