Position Overview: Reporting to the Sr. Director of Development and Donor Communications, this position is a key leader within the Office of Development and Alumni Relations Donor Relations team, focused on developing and implementing personalized and comprehensive stewardship, recognition, and engagement for the School’s top donors. As new gifts are booked, proactively initiates and manages planning for stewardship and recognition in close consultation with gift officers. Partners with principal gift officers and donor relations colleagues to develop and execute ongoing stewardship and recognition strategies. Develops relationships with faculty and administrators to stay abreast of the latest activities and developments that can lead to donor recognition and engagement opportunities. Remains current with innovative work done by other organizations and considers multiple ways, including digital, of connecting with donors about the impact of their philanthropy.
- Create and manage a comprehensive donor recognition matrix, which outlines appropriate recognition across all levels of major giving to ensure consistency and ensure lead donors are recognized and thanked appropriately for their gifts.
- Oversee and manage donor giving society levels, benefits and recognition strategies in conjunction with the Director of Annual Giving.
- Research, write, and produce compelling stewardship reports and updates for significant philanthropic commitments and endowed funds including annual donor impact report.
- Works with a freelance writer on a select group of these stewardship reports and other communication pieces.
- Collaborate and produce the annual Report of Giving, a printed and online piece to report to donors on the impact of their collective giving.
- Support gift officers by proposing and assisting in the development of stewardship strategies for individual prospects.
- Recommends and facilitates on- and off-campus publicity of major gifts and donors with the College’s Communications team. Advises on and facilitates the recognition of donors in both print and Web-based publications.
- The Donor Relations Engagement Manager works closely with the Director of Special Events to recognize & engage donors through strategic events ensuring that we are creating a culture of gratitude by consistently thanking our donors.
- Works to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, engage featured program participants, create programs and provide program materials, assist with program scripts and participant remarks (as needed) and create and/or obtain donor awards and recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree required and three to five of related experience in fundraising, donor relations, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Three to five of related experience in fundraising, donor relations, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Proven writing, editing, and research skills are essential.
- May be asked to provide samples of writing or past stewardship. Additional Qualifications
- Exceptional professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Committed to building good relationships across a broad community.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflows and multiple projects effectively, including developing timelines, setting priorities, and coordinating multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as an eagerness to take initiative.
- Adapts quickly to new and changing priorities.
- Track record as a creative and innovative thinker, as well as a resourceful problem solver.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required.
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.