Position Overview: The Facilities Department at Merrimack College invites applications for an Electrician position. The shift for this position is Monday and Tuesday, 3:30 pm – 12:00 am and Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 5:30 pm – 2:00 am.
- Repairs and maintains electrical equipment, distribution system, controls and signal equipment.
- Inspect the work site and determines material and tool requirements and method of repair.
- Lays out work, assembles equipment and fabricated distribution rungs.
- Transports tools, materials and equipment to the work site.
- Installs new work and completes small remodeling work.
- Inspects the work site and determines material, equipment and tool requirements and method to be used.
- Plans, lay out, installs and assembles materials and fixtures as required by scope of work.
- Repairs maintains and calibrates electrically operated controls and devices such as communication devices, signal devices, fire warning and security devices.
- Performs related duties as required within classification specification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid Journeyman Electricians License in Massachusetts.
- 10 years minimum electrical apprenticeship or equipment training.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions and schedule.
- Knowledge of electrical principles and their application to the maintenance, repair and installation of electric distribution system, devices and electrical generation systems.
- Knowledge of the application and use of testing equipment utilized in checking, testing and analyzing electrical systems such as volt-ammeters, voltage testers, phase and rotation testers millimeters, etc.
- Knowledge of fabrication and installation of materials and equipment required by electrical distribution systems including special application such as High Hazard areas, Medical applications, etc.
Shift available: Monday and Tuesday, 3:30 pm – 12:00 am and Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 5:30 pm – 2:00 am
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Thirty days after employment employees are required to become a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 633. This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.