Position Overview: Merrimack College seeks a driven Enrollment Marketing Specialist for Graduate Programs and Professional Studies. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing for Graduate and Professional Studies, this position plays an integral role in attracting, nurturing and yielding students for Merrimack’s on-campus graduate and continuing education programs, through the execution of high-quality communications and promotions. S/he will work closely with Digital Marketing, Communications, Graduate Admissions, and academic program directors to deliver on multifaceted marketing and recruitment plans.
Merrimack’s more than 30 graduate programs include both master’s degrees and professional certificates across all 5 of Merrimack’s schools - the Girard School of Business, the School of Education and Social Policy, the School of Health Sciences, the School of Liberal Arts, and the School of Science and Engineering. Professional Studies offerings include degree completion programs and undergraduate-level courses offered during Winter Session and Summer Session. Combined, they are key enrollment areas that are critical to driving future growth for the institution.
Successful candidates will have a keen eye for detail, strong organizational skills, excellent writing ability, an unwavering focus on business results, and be able to thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
- Support the inquiry-to-student communication plan through drafting and executing compelling emails (using Slate), and ensuring coordination of email, web, and social messaging.
- Assist the Office of Communications in developing social media content to promote graduate and professional studies programs, including deadline pushes, event promotions, student and faculty stories, and related news.
- Coordinate weekly fulfillment of on-demand print mailings, working with our preferred vendor partner to ensure timely response to graduate inquiries and stealth applicants. Review individual proofs to match names, program requests, and addresses.
- Help develop creative themes for use in promotions and work with outside designer to develop materials such as brochures, print ads, posters, and postcards.
- Research and explore advertising opportunities with partners such as periodicals, professional organizations and event opportunities to increase program awareness.
- Assist with the creation and editing of web pages as needed.
- Help with the creation and optimization of paid campaign landing pages (using Unbounce) to maximize visitor engagement and conversion.
- Assist with the regular reporting of email and marketing program results, including creating utm parameters to track the effectiveness of specific campaigns and channels.
- Administrative and miscellaneous duties as needed, including but not limited to tasks such as assisting with mailings, hanging posters on campus, managing collateral inventory, or ordering office supplies.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field required
- 1-2 years of marketing experience, preferably within a higher education environment
- Deep familiarity with digital/social channels and best practices
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Creativity and a good eye for design
- Familiarity with Slate or similar CRM system preferred but not required
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Eagerness to learn and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of diversity and an ability to foster an inclusive environment.
- Commitment to and experience with diversity, equity and inclusion
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 0327