Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Events, Operations and Creative Marketing Specialist supports the O’Brien Center for Career Development (OCCD) as the lead staff member responsible for event and marketing logistics across all OCCD strategic priorities, activities and initiatives.
The position requires a commitment to and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion, cultural competency, and ability to relate to and to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty, representing diverse identities, communities and experiences.
- Collaborate on the design, development, and implementation of events and marketing strategy in alignment with OCCD strategic goals.
- Provide direction and manage all in-person OCCD events including fairs, school-specific networking events, group site-visits, panels, workshops, information sessions, on-campus interviews, etc. Includes: secure location, manage catering, assist with preparation of materials and provide day of support.
- Provide direction and manage all virtual OCCD events including fairs, school-specific networking events, group site-visits, panels, workshops, information sessions, on-campus interviews, etc. Includes: virtual registration, logistics plan, preparation of materials and technology support during the event.
- Collect, prepare, and analyze event effectiveness assessments through surveys, feedback, and other analytics.
- Create and oversee campus-wide marketing and advertising strategy, focused primarily on social media channels, to support OCCD. Manage day-to-day implementation and offer creative solutions for increasing student engagement with events and resources.
- Build trusted partner relationships with faculty, staff and other stakeholders to support OCCD programming goals. Collaborate with OCCD team and campus partners to develop initiatives, programs and resources that connect students of color, first-generation students, and low-income students with networks and opportunities that promote career readiness and success
- Manage student employees to be utilized as a key resource in maintaining an engaging and welcoming environment. Hire, orient, supervise and coordinate payroll for student staffing to manage front of office.
- Work with leadership to host ongoing training of student staff to ensure top notch customer service to all who engage with OCCD.
- Provide proactive administrative support for all aspects of OCCD, in association with Student Employees. Manage OCCD’s main email, phone and voicemail. Coordinate mail and shipping logistics as needed. Manage office materials and maintain adequate stock at all times. Work in collaboration with the AVP on expense tracking and budget initiatives.
- Work in the UConnect system to write, edit and maintain web pages on the OCCD website.
- Recruit and schedule OCCD staff for events with Admissions, Office of Development and Alumni Relations, Office of Student Involvement, and other campus partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of related experience
- Self-starting, creative professional with the ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships and adapt to change while handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with social media marketing strategy and execution, including creating communication plans and content across multiple platforms and measuring efficacy with KPIs.
- Experience with creation of collateral optimized for print and digital campaigns.
- Experience managing in-person and virtual events, including planning, execution and post-event evaluation.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple work streams and activities.
- Ability to work effectively in cross departmental teams and manage the timely delivery of projects.
- Demonstrate the aptitude to represent the College in a highly professional and effective manner.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe Suite, Canva is required. Experience with a CMS system related to career services, such as Handshake or Simplicity is preferred.
- Experience within higher education, career services, or as a program/client manager
- Experience with a CMS system related to career services, such as Handshake or Simplicity is preferred.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching evaluations (past two years only)
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 11/8/21
Position Code: 487