Position Overview: The Financial Aid Counselor is critical to providing support, advice, and customer service to our families, students, and colleagues. This position will be responsible for the day to day counseling and training offered to a specific caseload of students and families.
- Counsel and advise prospective full and part-time undergraduate students/families on the availability of financial aid.
- Review student applications, perform verification procedures, review/evaluate appeals, make corrections when necessary, and determine eligibility for institution, state, and federal aid.
- Manage and reconcile the state aid programs.
- Conduct financial aid sessions and trainings as needed.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree required with two years or more of financial aid experience in a higher education setting.
- Good working knowledge of federal Title IV, Massachusetts state, and institutional regulations and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Experience with federal financial aid data systems including NSLDS, FAA Access, and COD.
- Experience with PowerFAIDS preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter, resume, and references.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.