Position Overview: The Advancement Services unit is responsible for the processing and maintenance of gifts/pledges/payments and constituent information stored in Millennium and various other systems and databases that support the work of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. The Advancement Services group develops, implements, and executes processes to ensure the accurate and timely handling of gift/donation, event/activity, and constituent biographical and demographic information in support of the College’s fundraising and alumni relations activities. Our database contains over 100,000 constituent records, including past & present students, alumni, faculty, staff, and supporters of the College and campus activities. Millennium is the primary information resource for the outreach and fundraising efforts of the Development, Alumni, Corporate and Foundation engagement, and other campus departments.
The Gift Processing and Event Management Associate is a member of the Advancement Services team and reports to the Assistant Director, Advancement Services. This position performs a variety of complex duties associated with highly confidential gift processing functions, data integrity and event registration management
The Gift Processing and Event Management Associate is responsible for the processing and maintenance of an internal comprehensive gift accounting system which includes the processing of daily gift batches, production of gift receipts, and individualization of acknowledgement letters as well as the management of online giving/event management software. This position also includes responsibilities for accurately processing sensitive information in connection with gifts received for the support of the College, updating of donor information, timely acknowledgement to donors, and reporting to internal parties. The successful candidate will perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality. This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented who can learn and comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures.
- Daily processing of gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations in a timely manner. (Online giving, recurring gifts, payroll deductions, matching gifts, etc.)
- Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed
- Evaluate, sort and total all gifts made to the College in order to create daily gift batches, coordinate daily deposits and generate reports for the business office and alumni and development team.
- Produce gift receipts and individualize acknowledgement letters for gifts received in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available.
- Assist in defining and documenting policy and procedures for gift recording and reporting.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Advancement Services maintain policies for all gift processing, matching gift guidelines, and event registration procedures
- Independently oversee the implementation and maintenance of event management system including event and online giving campaign set-up.
- Independently oversee the registration process for alumni events, including all correspondence with attendees, payment reconciliation, and reporting as needed. This includes developing and running registration lists, producing name tags, confirming attendance, and post-event administration.
- Perform related duties as assigned, as well as supporting other business and administrative activities of the office inclusive of attending department hosted events.
- Perform research as needed in connection with resolving customer/donor relations issues involving gifts/payments.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred; OR any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have two to three years of experience using fundraising information systems or other similar database systems.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with broad and diverse constituencies based upon integrity, critical thinking, outstanding operational performance, customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications
- Ability to discretely handle donor data and payment information according to standards of PCI compliance
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- May occasionally work evenings or weekends to assist with special events and activities.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.