Position Overview: Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations, Merrimack College seeks applicants for the position of Graduate Admission Coordinator, who will be an integral part of the team responsible for recruiting, and enrolling graduate students for a rapidly-growing number of graduate programs. The Graduate Admission Coordinator provides general administrative and operational support for the graduate admissions team at the college and will be the first line of communication for prospective students via phone, email, etc. As a valuable member of the admissions team, the Graduate Admission Coordinator is expected to actively participate in the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and yield an entering class for each program that align with institutional enrollment goals.
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with prospective students at all stages in the process including, managing the graduate admission general inbox and phone line.
- Represent Merrimack College to prospective graduate students by conducting on-campus information sessions and other recruiting events, meeting individually with interested students, and attending regional graduate school or career fairs.
- Plan & execute recruiting events.
- Establish channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College’s graduate programs; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admissions process – inquiry through enrolled student.
- Assist students in the application process through encouragement, answering questions, and providing other advice.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission and scholarship committees.
- Share responsibility for meeting program-specific enrollment goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional customer service to a diverse array of customers.
- Willingness to travel, primarily in and around the New England area.
- Demonstrated evidence as a self-starter that continually strives to improve processes, communication, and team effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a data-oriented and analytical environment that has a high level of individual and team accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing and online.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, administrators, staff, counselors, faculty and others.
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Valid driver’s license
This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with cover letter, resume, and references.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an equal opportunity employer.