Position Overview: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Graduate Admission, Merrimack College seeks applicants for the position of Graduate Admission Counselor, who will be an integral part of the team responsible for recruiting, and enrolling graduate students for a rapidly-growing number of graduate programs. Graduate Admission serves as the College’s front door to prospective students, their families, and others who actively participate in the graduate school search process. As a valuable member of the admissions team, the Graduate Admission Counselor is expected to actively participate in the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and yield an entering classes for each program that align with institutional enrollment goals.
- Represent Merrimack College to prospective graduate students by conducting on-campus information sessions and other recruiting events, meeting individually with interested students, and attending regional graduate school or career fairs.
- Establish channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College’s graduate programs; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admissions process – inquiry through enrolled student
- Assist students in the application process through encouragement, answering questions, and providing other advice
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission and scholarship committees
- Develop and maintain a relationships with Career Development staff members at other undergraduate institutions who may refer students to Merrimack’s graduate programs, as well as potential businesses or organizations with tuition assistance programs looking to partner with graduate programs
- Share responsibility for meeting program-specific enrollment goals
- Work closely with the International and Domestic teams in support the graduate recruitment effort as a part of their territory management plans
- A bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree or related work experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional customer service to a diverse array of customers
- Willingness to travel, primarily in and around the New England area
- Demonstrated evidence as a self-starter that continually strives to improve processes, communication, and team effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a data-oriented and analytical environment that has a high level of individual and team accountability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing and electronically
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, administrators, staff, counselors, faculty and others
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year
- Valid driver’s license
To Apply: This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with cover letter, resume, and references.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.