- Implement and administer a comprehensive preventative maintenance program that will keep the college HVAC/R equipment in top working condition at all times.
- Maintain accurate and up to date logbook of all the college’s refrigerants as far as distribution, reclaiming, recycling and disposal of said refrigerants are concerned in accordance with all federal, state and local codes involving hazardous wastes are concerned.
- Calculate, when necessary, all heat loss and or load requirements for the installation of new or retrofit equipment.
- Repair heating plant equipment such as pumps, compressors, turbines, reducing stations and heat exchangers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment (electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems) such as repacking and reseating valves, repacking pump seals, and greasing machinery, changing filters.
- Perform annual maintenance overhauls on boilers, including entering boiler firebox water drum, breeching and flue to clean off soot and deposits.
- Perform repairs to boilers and low-pressure steam piping and fittings using hand tools.
- Work with all trade departments as well as other physical plant departments that need assistance.
- Compile and complete inventory of all materials and maintain a well-stocked supply of parts to keep equipment running with a minimum amount of down time.
- Provide recommendations to supervisor for procedures to improve and/or replace existing systems.
- Follow applicable legal, professional, and departmental safety policies and regulations.
- Record and report time, materials, faults, deficiencies, or other occurrences on work orders.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Trade or vocational certificate in HVAC.
- 10 years experience.
- Valid Refrigeration Technicians License in MA.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid Refrigeration Reclaimer Certificate
- HVAC Mechanics Apprenticeship or equivalent on the job training.
- Knowledge of use and application of building trades materials and tools for all trades (Electrical, HVAC, and Plumbing).
- Knowledge of the operation of boiler systems and related equipment, boiler codes and safety practices. Knowledge in pneumatic and electrical control systems
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Thirty days after employment employees are required to become a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 633. This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.