Position Overview: Merrimack College is looking for an intelligent, motivated and experienced Infrastructure Engineer with the ability to perform planning and support of our network infrastructure and the institution’s enterprise network solutions. In this role, you will troubleshoot, implement and administer network systems, as well as provide level III network support along with executing and developing network security guidelines. This position reports to the Senior Director of Infrastructure and will act as an escalation point for other team members.
- Design, administer, maintain and support of the availability, performance and security of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, SBCs, PBX platforms, Circuits and servers evidencing strong knowledge of security, switching, and routing technologies
- Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of customer VoIP network infrastructures.
- Oversee the day-to-day health of the college’s VoIP infrastructure, with a focus on assuring stability, capacity, organizational productivity and quality of service\DSCP.
- Manage and troubleshoot the college’s virtual environment (VMWare)
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Manage major administrative systems for the college including Zoom, Adobe Sign, Microsoft Azure and Google G-Suite.
- Creation and management user accounts, groups, policies within Active Directory and implementation of applications within SSO.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Interact with other departments to execute project tasks including progress tracking with minimal oversight to deliver network projects in a timely manner.
- Closely work with vendors on upgrades and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems
- Prioritize and resolve trouble/request tickets including immediate escalation for urgent issue resolution.
- Analyze and evaluate network performance and provide solutions to optimize traffic flows, security, and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and provide level 2/3 support
- Mentor and serve as an escalation point to other team members.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers, customers and management in a team environment.
- 4 + years of hands on Network Engineering, Computer Science or related industry or equivalent training and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Cisco CCNA (or equivalent knowledge) preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required is a must
- Strong hands-on, working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Commitment to and experience with diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Proficient in documentation, reporting and knowledge transfer.
- Excellent research, organizational and analytical skills
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 5/25/21
Position Code: 0547