Position Overview: Instructional Designer is a position in Merrimack College’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL). The Instructional Designer will provide expertise in innovation, current instructional technologies and design theories, and engaged student learning practices to guide and support faculty, instructors, and College teaching and learning initiatives. The Instructional Designer should be an inspired design professional interested in building a program and joining a dynamic team of colleagues who are invested in improving higher education by working with faculty to provide innovative learning experiences for Merrimack students.
- Support faculty in the development of teaching and learning strategies using innovative and current instruction and mobile technologies and design theories
- Develop and implement professional development workshops and trainings to faculty and instructors on mobile and instructional technologies
- Build strong relationship with and among Merrimack faculty, IT and other campus constituencies
- Lead or serve on teams supporting learning initiatives designed to support student engagement
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge in existing and emerging technologies
- Develop reference and other online materials supporting instructional design principles and practices
- Support the initiatives of and work collaboratively with the Director
- Master’s degree in Instructional Technology or an appropriate area of specialization
- Five years of industry experience with 4-6 years of instructional design experience
- Knowledge in course design and course development
- Knowledge in instructional technology with specific expertise in mobile technology
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, presentation and collaboration skills and are generally good at translating technology
- Enthusiasm for innovation and program design in pedagogy, technology, and teaching and learning
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.