Position Overview: McQuade Library seeks a flexible, innovative librarian to join our dynamic instruction/liaison librarian team. In addition to instruction, research support, and liaison responsibilities, this individual will coordinate the library’s digital presence and user experience. The successful candidate will be flexible, collaborative, and eager to work in a rapidly shifting environment.
- Identifies appropriate established and emerging technologies to improve the user experience of the library and its programs, tools, instruction, and resources.
- Administers McQuade’s LibGuides site, coordinates content & assets, creates Course Research Guides, Subject Guides, and other digital and print materials in assigned areas.
- Coordinates outreach and marketing of library resources and services, including newsletter, website, social media, and print materials.
- Develops, delivers, and evaluates general and course-integrated information literacy/ library instruction programs.
- Provides specialized research consultations and reference for McQuade Library users.
- Serves as primary liaison to subject areas faculty and users; Assists with the development, evaluation, maintenance, and promotion of collections in assigned subject areas.
- Member of Faculty Senate; Serves on faculty senate and other campus committees; Stays current with the field through on-going professional development.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of library technologies and awareness of emerging trends in the industry.
- Two years’ library experience providing reference & research service and teaching information literacy workshops in an academic setting.
- A record of successful interaction with faculty, students, staff, and administrators in an institution of higher education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills in outreach, relationship building, and collaboration with faculty.
- MLS/ MLIS from an ALA-accredited program required.
- Familiarity with iPads in teaching and reference service.
- Collection development subject expertise
This is a full-time, twelve month position and may include evening and/or weekend hours.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Applications received before November 11 will receive immediate consideration.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.