Position Overview: The School of Health Sciences at Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated faculty member to join our Department of Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences for a one-year lecturer position. We invite applicants to become part of our dynamic School of Health Sciences, established in 2017. Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
The One Year Lecturer must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in Exercise Science/Strength and Conditioning or related field; a doctorate degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred;
2. Possess a minimum two (2) years of teaching experience at the Collegiate level in the field of Exercise Science and/or Strength and Conditioning.
3. Ability to teach undergraduate courses such as Exercise Testing and Prescription, Exercise Program Design, Strength and Conditioning and/or Research Methods. Ability to teach at the graduate level, exercise and physical activity lab based courses with an emphasis on the use of technology.
4. Ability to foster a learning environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
5. Willingness to participate in departmental level service.
To Apply: Interested applicants should apply online through Academic Jobs Online. Application materials should include only: a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, and a teaching statement.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About Merrimack: The only Catholic, Augustinian college in New England, Merrimack College is an independent, coeducational institution with more than 4800 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 220-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Mass. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and is placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in this U.S. News category.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 5/8/21
Position Code: 0671