The School of Health Sciences at Merrimack College is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated faculty to join the Department of Nutrition and Public Health. This is a ten-month lecture appointment starting in Fall 2022. The candidate will demonstrate teaching effectiveness and will be expected to teach 16-credit-per-semester (4 courses per semester) across the undergraduate and graduate curriculum in the area of their expertise. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and possess a willingness to serve as an academic advisor and to actively serve at the program and department levels.
The School of Health Sciences consists of diverse undergraduate and graduate academic programs, state-of-art facilities and equipment, deep community partnerships, and multiple funded research initiatives. The Department of Nutrition and Public Health offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Health Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Public Health. The Department also has rapidly expanding Master of Science graduate programs in Health & Wellness Management and Nutrition & Human Performance.
The One Year Lecturer must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
● Master’s degree in a Health Sciences related field (e.g. nutrition, public health); a doctorate degree in a related field preferred.
● Possess a minimum two (2) years of teaching experience at the Collegiate level in the field of Health Science, Nutrition, Public Health or closely related field.
● Ability to teach undergraduate courses on campus, such as Introduction to Public Health, Health Behavior Promotion, and related health science electives; graduate courses such as research methods.
● Ability to foster a learning environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
● Willingness to participate in departmental level service and student advising.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue. Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
● Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position clearly indicating the applicant’s specialization area, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
● Resume or Curriculum Vitae
● Contact information for three (3) professional references
● Teaching Statement
● This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 511