Position Overview: The Facilities Department at Merrimack College invites applications for a Locksmith/Door Repair Technician position. The shift for this position is Wednesday - Sunday, 3:30 pm – 12:00 am.
- Install new locks and door hardware as needed. This would include new construction, remodel projects, breakage, etc.
- Repair locks. Disassemble locks and replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, as needed.
- Re-key locks for security purposes; change locker combinations.
- Make keys.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all keys and locks.
- Repair and adjust door mounted closers and floor closers.
- Service and repairs entry doors and door frames.
- Install, repair and maintain emergency doors, crash bars, hinges, closers, and all related door hardware.
- Install, service, test and repair automatic door mechanisms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Trade or vocational school certificate in locksmith trade or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license. 5 years experience in locksmith trade.
- Knowledge in general building maintenance.
- Knowledge in the operation of key machines and miscellaneous hand tools as necessary in the locksmith trade.
- Knowledge of emergency doors and crash bars. Knowledge of IT access control door mounts and wiring preferable.
Shift available: Wednesday - Sunday, 3:30 pm – 12:00 am
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Thirty days after employment employees are required to become a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 633. This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.