Position Description & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and execution of the multi-channel undergraduate marketing communications calendar. This position will play an integral role in the undergraduate enrollment funnel as all calendar tactics are aimed at driving the funnel from prospective student through admitted student. This individual will play a cross functional role, working closely with members of the marketing and communications teams and acting as the main liaison with the social media team. Key areas of focus will include overseeing Merrimack’s presence on external profile sites, assisting in content creation, and deploying various integrated campaigns including email, social media, websites, printed collateral and digital advertising. Successful candidates will have a keen eye for detail, strong organizational skills, excellent writing ability, a can-do attitude and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the day-to-day execution and calendar of social media content that supports undergraduate recruitment goals;
- Deploy and manage the execution of various marketing campaigns including email, website, social media, printed collateral and digital advertising;
- Assist with undergraduate marketing content planning and content creation under the direction of the Senior Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Marketing by participating in creative brainstorming sessions and collaborative planning among the marketing and admission teams;
- Collaborate with the digital marketing and social media teams on undergraduate initiatives to build the enrollment funnel. This includes connecting content and campaigns for various marketing channels; and connecting the dots among campus partners to ensure all efforts are aligned.
- Work with various external vendors on Merrimack’s forward facing presence and brand recognition, including our virtual tour platform.
- Manage assigned projects from start to completion by creating timelines, trafficking projects, and maintaining appropriate project documentation;
- Coordinate email campaigns within CRM (Slate) with digital marketing team members to ensure best practices and CRM operational excellence are maintained and to devise plans for tactics such A/B testing, segmenting, utilizing new features, etc.
- Share metrics on campaign performance on a regular basis and make recommendations on adjustments or opportunities for a variety of inbound and outbound campaigns;
- Partner with the website team to ensure undergraduate webpages are up-to-date and ensure all inbound marketing campaigns and outbound email nurturing efforts align with the Merrimack website and content;
- Create and make updates to marketing calendars and project schedules, sharing with appropriate stakeholders;
- Integrate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion considerations into all aspects of marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Understanding of inbound and outbound marketing strategies and integrated campaign design/execution;
- Ability to manage projects from start to completion in both the digital and print space and for short- and long-term projects;
- Ability to navigate content management systems, email/CRM systems, google analytics and social media platforms;
- Ability to manage and track budgets;
- Ability to work both independently and with teams and proactively solve problems;
- Excellent organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with groups both internal and external to the College;
- Desire to continue to test new initiatives, learn and grow;
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment and structure.
- 1-2 years experience in a project management role on a marketing communications team; excellent internship experience will be considered
- Demonstrated foundation working on integrated efforts in the digital, print, email, website, and content creation spaces;
- Proficiency using a customer relationship management (CRM) system, email management/marketing automation, and CMS systems;
- Higher education experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite a plus. Experience using a design and video editing software is a plus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 9/13/21
Position Code: 97