Position Overview: As our AV Specialist, you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the College’s classroom audiovisual equipment and computer systems used by faculty, staff, and students in all classrooms, conference and meeting spaces, and computer labs. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for emergency calls for technical support in these classrooms and labs and will work with our Audio/Visual vendors in classroom maintenance and new building projects on campus. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the teacher consoles in the classrooms and the college’s PC and Mac labs, ensuring they are equipped with the proper software needed by faculty and students and in excellent working condition. You will also help to grow and manage our new lecture capture services.
- Install, upgrade, and maintain the functionality of college classroom, conference, and lab AV equipment and computers.
- Provide emergency classroom and lab technical support.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with the proper usage and operation of audiovisual equipment.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, testing, and repair of hardware and software. Troubleshoots hardware and software problems including PC, MAC, and iOS platforms. Assists with hardware and software inventory.
- Responsible for helping to implement creative and effective technology solutions for campus users; stays up to date with technology changes in software and hardware; participates with other computer support staff in evaluating, documenting, and improving support procedures and services.
- Responsible for imaging both Windows and MAC lab machines. Maintains all hardware and software across all managed lab spaces.
- Configure and administer campus-wide learning space management tools such as Extron Global Viewer Enterprise and Crestron Roomview Fusion software.
- Coordinate installation and renovation of learning environments with other campus groups such as Registrar and Facilities management, and AV vendors.
- Identify and resolve media system problems in technology enhanced classrooms, computer and specialty labs, and auditoriums.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the departmental budget.
- Assist in the decision-making for acquisition of new systems for instructional support.
- Provide hardware support and maintenance for the college’s digital signage equipment.
- Provide support for high profile weekend activities including open houses, admitted students days, and commencement.
- Other duties as assigned, including user support at the help desk when time permits.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a technology support environment preferred.
- Proficient with Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of current systems and network technologies and standards and their practical application in the academic environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and follow them all the way through to a solution.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision and manage own priorities.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with Extron and/or Crestron AV equipment a plus.
- Willingness to learn Extron and Creston programming.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.