Position Overview: Reporting to the assistant director of health and counseling services, the medical assistant is a highly detailed-oriented individual with experience in the medical working environment. The primary duties of this role include ensuring and maintaining immunization compliance records for all students, supporting health center clinicians with scheduling referrals, diagnostic tests, and procedures and assisting at the front desk. A current Medical Assistant Certification is required.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification
- High School Diploma
- Current CPR/BLS Certification
- 3+ years office experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, computer aptitude (EHR, Google, Microsoft, etc) and familiarity with medical terminology and procedures.
- Knowledge of immunization requirements in a medical office setting is preferred.
- Experience interacting with a diverse young adult population is preferred.
- Ensures and maintains immunization compliance records for undergraduate and graduate students under guidance of the assistant director.
- Enters all immunization data into EHR and scans printed forms.
- Reviews and ensures that all pertinent information gathered from the physical exam and health history forms are accurate on patient summary.
- Manually enters into the EHR all medications and allergies.
- Runs weekly reports to ensure all full time graduate and undergraduate students have been notified of their requirements.
- Runs weekly waiver report for students with ongoing immunization requirements, ensuring the students are reminded of their upcoming immunization(s) due date in order to remain compliant.
- Reviews admission change reports as received by email to ensure all incoming students are accounted for in the HER and/or excel spreadsheet.
- Maintains an up-to-date Excel spreadsheet of all students who are non-compliant with immunizations.
- Prepares data for required reports for MA Department of Public Health and internal departments.
- Handles phone calls and visits from students regarding compliance issues, including reaching out to students as needed.
- Collaborates with and establishes rapport/working relationships with various departments to help students learn about and comply with public health mandates.
- Handles all inquiries while maintaining confidentiality and discretion handling private health information.
- Manages student course registration health holds through the student information system.
- Attends meetings and on campus events as needed including domestic and international new student orientation check-in.
- Creates lab requisitions and disseminates lab results to provider(s).
- Re-stocks supplies in treatment rooms, order supplies as needed.
- Rooms students and obtains blood pressure, temperature, O2 sat, pulse and vision screening as necessary for the provider(s).
- Performs EKG’s and sets up nebulizer treatments as directed by the provider(s).
- Obtains specimens and performs point-of-care testing for rapid strep, rapid flu, urine dip, urine HCG and rapid mono as directed by the provider(s).
- Provides phone follow-up to students transported to the ED when the health center is closed.
- Prepares specimens for transport to the lab.
- Weekly and monthly monitoring of AED and oxygen tank.
- Additional administrative duties as needed.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.