Position Description: The Counseling Center at Merrimack College seeks a Mental Health Clinician to join its team of counselors serving undergraduate and graduate students. Under the supervision of the Director, the Mental Health Clinician is a full-time generalist position providing clinical services to support the psychological well-being of students at the College. In addition, the Mental Health Clinician assists in outreach, crisis response, and other duties as assigned. This is a full-time, 12-month position. The work schedule is Monday-Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
• Provide culturally aware and inclusive individual clinical services including intake assessment, crisis intervention, and personal counseling. Provide group counseling as needed and appropriate with level of experience.
• Provide routine risk assessments and referral for hospitalization or other specialized care as needed.
• Participate in staff peer consultation, staff meetings, and individual consultation with the Director regularly.
• Collaborate with health services and wellness staff to provide holistic care to all students.
• Provide consultation and/or education to families, college staff, or community providers regarding clinical care of students as appropriate. This is especially true with Student Affairs, Athletics, and Academic Success Center staff.
• Conduct trainings or other educational outreach to community members as requested and time permits. Some evening or after-hours work may be required.
• Serve on relevant campus committees to provide perspective current needs of our students.
• Provide supervision to our Masters’-level graduate fellows and clinical interns as experience and licensure allows.
• Proficiency in providing data on visits from the Medicat database.
• Represent the Dean of Students office at college events and activities.
• Participate in Student Life campus activities after hours as needed and able.
• Participate in staff meetings and department meetings as needed.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Master’s or Doctorate in appropriate mental health field (psychology, social work, counseling,
• Licensed or license-eligible in Massachusetts within 6 months of hire.
• LMHC, LICSW, LMFT
• Experience in higher education desired.
• Experience with late adolescents/young adults desired.
• Experience and interest in supervising interns is a plus.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 7/27/21
Position Code: 454