Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Girard School of Business at Merrimack College invites applications for the position of Non- Tenure-Track/Associate Professor and Curriculum Director of the Master of Science in Management. The faculty member will have a 12 credits/year minimum graduate teaching load. As a Curriculum Director, this person is responsible for the academic experience of MSM students, and leads curriculum development and curriculum management for the online MSM program. The person will work collaboratively with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs, Dean, and department chairs. Key responsibilities will be on ensuring overall program quality, assessing and continuously improving the relevance of the curriculum, reviewing and managing course content, ensuring excellence in the teaching quality of instructors in the program, and supporting initiatives around overall graduate program growth.
The successful candidate will start in Spring 2022 and must demonstrate potential for a record of excellence in teaching and service to a department within the business school and have a deep interest in learning about innovative pedagogies for both online and adult learners.
● Lead curriculum development and curriculum management for the online MSM program.
● Review resumes and hire part-time faculty for the MSM programs.
● Design and implement a plan to regularly observe and assess quality of teaching and student experience for new and returning full-time and adjunct faculty teaching in the program.
● Review teaching evaluations of faculty teaching in the MSM programs and address issues in collaboration with the Deans’ Office and/or relevant department chair.
● Design and implement a new faculty orientation, welcoming them to the program and teaching at the college.
● Design and implement a plan to meet with new and returning MSM faculty once a semester to build a sense of community and engagement for faculty, and to discuss best practices and anything new (CETL, Meteor Learning, etc) around teaching in the program and teaching at the college.
● Design and implement a kickoff meeting for new and returning faculty teaching in a specific term to ensure classes are reviewed, content is accurate, and that faculty have everything they need for a successful course launch.
● Work collaboratively with the Dean and the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs to create a standard for online course content and syllabi creation, and assess if credits, contact hours and assessments/deliverables meet the standards.
● Oversee the Assurance of Learning process with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs and the Graduate Curriculum Committee.
● Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs to develop marketing and recruiting strategies for the MSM program.
● Manage the MSM program’s college-wide and school-level program reviews.
● Collaborate with various stakeholders across campus and within the school to strengthen the graduate culture and build an overall graduate community at Merrimack College
● Ph.D. preferred in management, marketing, or related business field or senior level experience in industry
● Experience in delivering online courses/training or ability and willingness to learn quickly
● Experience or commitment to working with a diverse student population
Statement on Our Mission:
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
● Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
● Resume or Curriculum Vitae
● Name and contact information for three references.
● Teaching Statement
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19..
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 1/12/22
Position Code: 930