Position Overview: The School of Health Sciences at Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated staff member to join our newly established bachelor of science in nursing program. We invite applicants to become part of our inaugural nursing program as part of the dynamic School of Health Sciences, established in 2017. Applications for a Simulation Technician, a full time 12-month staff position in nursing, to begin August 1st, 2021 are now being requested. Merrimack College recently opened a state-of-the-art Nursing Center. This space includes 6 simulation labs, 2 classrooms; 2 debrief rooms, 15 faculty offices and 2 large student collaborative spaces. Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Executive Director of the Nursing Program, the Simulation Technician is responsible for the management and direct support for the technical functions and safety of the simulation labs. Together, they are responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all aspects of the simulation labs including programming for all scheduled labs, inventory, maintenance, repair, service contracts, troubleshooting as and when needed. The Simulation Technician will provide technical assistance and training for users, assist with all aspects of running a simulation (i.e.- programming/recording scenarios, creating moulage, setting up and taking down equipment) and managing the Medication Administration systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required, Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred;
2. A minimum of two years of full-time experience in Simulation Technology, or its equivalent required;
3. Ability to obtain Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) Certification within 2-3 years of hiring;
4. Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion especially as relevant to health science education and health services;
5. Ability to train and support users in technical function and safety of simulation labs;
6. Evidence of technical proficiency in maintenance, repair and troubleshooting simulation equipment or equivalent;
7. Evidence of the ability to maintain records for inventory, quality control, contracts etc.;
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body;
9. Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Application materials should include only: a letter of application that clearly indicates the applicant’s specialization area; a curriculum vitae; and contact information for three references.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About Merrimack: The only Catholic, Augustinian college in New England, Merrimack College is an independent, coeducational institution with more than 4800 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 220-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Mass. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and is placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in this U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 6/30/21
Position Code: 868