Position Overview: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Student Involvement, Merrimack College seeks an Office Coordinator. This position will be an integral part of the Student Involvement team with responsibilities including office operations, customer service, and event management. This position requires a person who will be able to create strong interpersonal relationships with both students and staff. We are looking for an individual who will bring a strong organizational mindset in addition to a positive and professional mentality.
- Exceptional in person and written customer service as the first point of contact in the office and on the phone
- Manage and oversee office operations, including incoming phone calls, workflow, office area, office equipment, supply inventory and ordering, resource materials and forms, and filing of financial records
- Monitor and update budgets for department and student organizations
- Process office paperwork including contracts, deposits, check requests, cash advances, reimbursements, internal and external purchase requisitions, travel pre-authorizations, expense reports, dispensing and tracking petty cash, print center requests, and other activities related to all department budgets
- Oversight of department and division data for events & activities, student leaders and special projects. Run reports for GPA, DOB lists, student involvement, commuter vs. resident lists etc. Run blackboard reports and manage card swipes
- Manage EMS (space reservation program) requests for student organizations and oversight of Hub conference rooms, including booking, managing, and upkeep of space
- Ability to manage multiple calendars and ensure meeting spaces and appointments are running on schedule and efficiently
- Hire, train, and supervise student staff
- Provide administrative assistance for the department, division, and campus-wide programs and events including but not limited to; Orientation, Spring Events, Senior Week, Commencement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred minimum of 1 year working in an office setting with budget responsibilities
- Advanced computer skills, experience with higher education databases, Google Suite, web page editing knowledge
- Data entry experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop interpersonal relationships with students and staff
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with exceptional customer service skills
- Availability to work nights and weekends is expected
To Apply: Please apply online with a cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.