Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Warrior One-Stop Specialist performs a vital role in assisting and educating students, parents, faculty, and staff to navigate administrative processes related to financial aid, billing, registration, and parking services. They will provide convenient and thorough support and care through a variety of service channels including walk-in, phone, email, chat, and virtual meetings. They will be available to teach students how to access and use technology for self-service and will provide basic advising and information, on college programs, requirements, academic policies, and procedures. The Specialist will work with students, parents, faculty, and staff to solve problems related to systems, policies, or procedures, and assist with institutional logistics that overlap a variety of administrative areas, and are dynamic and interconnected.
This position supports cooperative cross-functional, cross-campus communications and dialogue by maintaining a close working relationship with all campus offices. This position will include some evening and weekend shifts. (remote or in-person).
- Provide service to students, parents, faculty & staff to Merrimack College administrative policies and procedures and to assist them in accessing the information and related services using student systems and technology.
- Assist and direct students to the features and services available to them via the student information system including but not limited to: health insurance waivers, information updates and changes, enrollment verifications, transcript requests, financial aid information, academic calendar, payment plans, account summary, grade information, course registration, Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and/or Master Promissory Note, parking policies and decal eligibility.
- Make appropriate referrals to students, parents, faculty, and staff to college services in advising, career counseling, internship, student life, academic support, student IDs, and housing, which support student connections to the campus.
- Educate students with regard to loan adjustments, excess funds, and direct deposit for student refunds.
- Assist with FAFSA questions and corrections, FAFSA ID and password, IRS retrieval, verification, special circumstances appeal, and SAP appeal process.
- Maintain compliance as necessary with FERPA and other federal and state regulations.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of the delivery of services, dissemination of information, and student satisfaction.
- Provide general information on financial aid eligibility and application requirements, gift aid, and loan programs.
- Cross-cultural competence and ability to communicate effectively with students and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Assist students, parents, faculty & staff via in person visit, email, chat, phones, and scheduled ZOOM appointments.
- Solve problems related to systems, policies or procedures that overlap a variety of administrative areas, are dynamic and interconnected.
- Serve students in the acceptance and processing of tuition payments or any tuition-related questions throughout each semester in a courteous, professional manner.
- Other duties as required or needed for the Warrior One-Stop to be successful.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, be responsive and courteous, and student service
oriented at all times.
Demonstrated commitment to and ability to apply experience with diversity, equity to financial aid, and college success.
Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize accordingly.
Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, discretion, and resourcefulness in order to interact effectively with students, family members, and the general public as well as with representatives from other departments or institutions.
Ability to analyze and interpret information and make independent decisions.
Experience with student relational database and CRM system helpful.
Must have the technical competence and an ability to understand the “big picture” as well as the details of complicated systems and issues.
Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required with 2-4 years of professional higher education experience. However, will consider candidates with an Associate’s Degree with 3-5 years experience directly related to higher education.
Preference is given to those with experience in at least one of the following three areas: Financial Aid, Registrar, or Bursar student billing.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
To Apply: Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith, and our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 917