Position Overview: The Parking, Transportation and Campus Access Specialist, will play an integral role on campus. The successful candidate will work independently and serve as the primary point of contact for all parking and transportation and campus access services at Merrimack including the oversight of on and off campus parking, scheduling of campus vans and coordinating of the Warrior Shuttle and employee, student and visitor campus access operations. The successful candidate will work closely with Police Services, Facilities and Risk Management as it relates to parking and transportation and access to campus.
- Develop and initiate communications with all constituents across campus regarding parking and campus access policies and procedures, regulations, changes and updates. Collaborate with Communications department on messaging to entire campus. (i.e. participate in “Winter Weather Emergency Group” and disseminate information to appropriate parties based on decisions.)
- Under the direction of the Director, Office of the VPCBO, manage campus access list; work with Police Services, Facilities, and other departments to ensure it is up to date. Create systems and processes to improve efficiency and streamline process
- Develop and administer training to campus entrance staff in partnership with the Criminology and Criminal Justice internship program
- Act as initial point of contact for all parking and campus access questions, concerns, and requests through phone calls and the parking and taskforce emails. Resolve all open issues and triage and escalate as necessary.
- Manage campus van requests, schedule, and compliance. Partner with Police Services to ensure driver compliance. Create systems and processes to improve efficiency and accountability.
- Track the distribution of all parking decals and tags to all constituent groups. Under the direction of the Director, Office of the VPCBO, partner with Facilities and Police services on parking lot assignments and enforcement.
- Propose systems and processes to improve overall parking and campus access procedures and processes; develop tools, resources, guidance documents, standard operating procedures, and surveys based on policies for campus access. Analyze data and make recommendations. Under the direction of the Director, Office of the VPCBO, implement approved plans.
- Under the direction of the Director, Office of the VPCBO, collaborate with Procurement on managing the 3rd party vendor for the Warrior Shuttle. Collect and analyze usage data, routes, stops and schedules to make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain records and ensure recording of student parking and violation fees.
- Under the direction of the Director, Office of the VPCBO, work with IT, Facilities and PD to ensure necessary and appropriate technology and resources are available at the entrances and guard shacks
- Maintain guard shack operations including: ensuring guard shacks and other entrances have necessary resources and are organized and clean; check in on the entrances and staff to ensure adequate staffing and resources; in partnership with the Criminology and Criminal Justice internship program, schedule campus entrance staff (students and graduate interns); work with external 3rd party vendor to fill staffing gaps and ensure full coverage
- Update the website for both Parking and Camps Access, update departmental website in a timely manner with appropriate and accurate information.
- Other duties in as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or relevant experience.
- 3-5 years in busy service oriented office and/or related customer service experience.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse constituencies
- Ability to establish and develop long-term relationships across campus with students, faculty and administrative staff.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including skills in identifying and bringing attention to issues or concerns that require special handling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively and professionally interact with diverse groups using tact and diplomacy;
- Knowledge and skills in the area of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and willingness to participate in additional training;
- Ability to communicate patiently and courteously with difficult individuals.
- Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers.
- Ability to research, apply and explain a variety of rules, policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to coordinate and prioritize multiple complex duties, paying attention to detail and deadlines when faced with high volume, fluctuating workload and constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks to completion with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
To Apply: Please apply online with a cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 0549