Position Overview: The Parking and Transportation Specialist, reporting to the Bursar, will play an integral role on campus. This position will work independently and serve as the primary point of contact for all parking and transportation services at Merrimack including the oversight of on and off campus parking, scheduling of campus vans and coordinating of the Warrior Shuttle. He or she will work closely with Public Safety, Facilities and Risk Management as it relates to parking and transportation.
- Develop and initiate communications with all constituents across campus regarding parking policies and procedures, regulations, changes and updates. Collaborate with Communications department on messaging to entire campus. Participate in “Winter Weather Emergency Group” and disseminate information to appropriate parties based on decisions.
- Act as main point of contact for all parking questions, concerns, and requests through phone calls and email@example.com email. Resolve all open issues and triage and escalate as necessary.
- Manage campus van requests, schedule, and compliance. Partner with Police Services to ensure driver compliance. Create systems and processes to improve efficiency and accountability.
- Manage and track the distribution of all parking decals and tags to all constituent groups. Partner with Facilities and Police services on parking lot assignments and enforcement.
- Create systems and processes to improve overall parking procedures and processes; develop tools and surveys for collecting feedback. Analyze data and make recommendations. Implement approved plans.
- Collaborate with Procurement on managing the 3rd party vendor for the Warrior Shuttle. Collect and analyze usage data, routes, stops and schedules to make recommendations for improvement to Senior Leadership.
- Maintain records and ensure recording of student parking and violation fees
- Update departmental website in a timely manner with appropriate and accurate information.
- Other duties in the Bursar’s Office as needed
- 3-5 years in busy service oriented office and/or related customer service experience required.
- Higher education and experience in a similar role preferred preferred.
- Ability to establish and develop long-term relationships across campus with students, faculty and administrative staff.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including skills in identifying and bringing attention to issues or concerns that require special handling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively and professionally interact with diverse groups using tact and diplomacy; ability to communicate patiently and courteously with difficult individuals. Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers.
- Ability to research, apply and explain a variety of rules, policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to coordinate and prioritize multiple complex duties, paying attention to detail and deadlines when faced with high volume, fluctuating workload and constantly changing priorities. Ability to perform multiple tasks to completion with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.