Position Overview: The Facilities Department at Merrimack College invites applications for a Plumber position. The shift for this position is Wednesday - Sunday, 3:30 pm – 12:00 am.
- Repairs and maintains water piping, soil waste and vent piping for all plumbing fixtures and appurtenances as per the plumbing codes and regulations of the Towns of Andover and North Andover and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Repairs and maintains fire protection piping, safety equipment and lawn sprinkler systems.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing systems for all toilet rooms, laboratories, mechanical rooms, swimming pools, kitchens, distilled and de-materialized water distribution systems, safety eye wash and deluge shower piping systems as well as: underground sub soil drainage, sewer, acid waste piping and dilution basins, and campus main distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Trade or vocational school certificate in Plumbing.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid Journeyman Plumbers license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- 10 years experience in the field. Plumber apprenticeship or equivalent on the job training.
- Knowledge of plumbing piping systems and maintenance of same.
- Knowledge of lawn sprinkler and fire protection systems and their maintenance.
- Knowledge of current building systems.
- Ability to read architectural and engineering plans.
- Skill in the installation of copper, steel, and plastic piping.
- A working understanding of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts plumbing codes.
- Understanding of job safety on the work site in the use of ladders and scaffolding.
Shift available: Wednesday - Sunday, 3:30 pm – 12:00 am
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Thirty days after employment employees are required to become a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 633. This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.