Position Overview: The Tutoring & Math Center at Merrimack College seeks a part-time Professional Writing Tutor. Professional Tutors oversee the operation of the Tutoring & Mathematics Center when the Director is not present or is performing other duties. Responsibilities include tutoring students, supervising Peer (student) Tutors, ensuring visitor data collection during every shift, and assisting with peer tutor training and evaluation. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Success: Tutoring & Math Center.
- Tutor Merrimack students in mathematics and math-related courses.
- Supervise and serve as a resource for Peer Tutors on the same shift and providing performance-relative feedback to the Director and Assistant Director.
- Ensure that all policies and standards related to academic integrity are adhered to by student visitors and tutors.
- Ensure that all pertinent data relative to student visits are collected.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director in the training of the Peer Tutor staff.
- Ensure that student visitors are welcomed and assisted in reasonable time.
- Attend to open and closing practices as shifts require.
- Provide reports to the Director and Assistant Director on shift-related issues.
- Assist with day-to-day and evening operations as needed.
Completed Master’s or Ph.D in-progress in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, or a related field (If Master’s Degree is in a related field, employee must have taken undergraduate upper-level mathematics courses and/or have significant experience tutoring most upper-level mathematics courses.)
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.