Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Director of Research & Prospect Development in the Office of Development & Alumni Relations (ODAR) at Merrimack College, the Research & Prospect Development Manager will help meet the needs of the ODAR team by assisting with all aspects of proactive research, reactive research and prospect management activities. In fall 2019, Merrimack College is on pace to successfully complete its $50 million Together for Good Campaign, the largest fundraising campaign in the College’s history. This new research & prospect development position will support the continued expansion of leadership and major gift prospects.
- Conduct Reactive and Proactive Research and analyze information on prospects including giving capabilities, inclination to give, interests and other biographical & financial data
- Prepare high quality research reports for ODAR Members, Members of the President’s Office, and other select campus departments. Present research in the form of Profiles, Briefings, Event Briefings, Qualifications, and other research report formats as appropriate
- Under the guidance of the Director, support and expand proactive research based on News Clippings, Daily Gift Reports, Screening Results and various other avenues.
- Assist the Director of Research & Prospect Development by providing Prospect Management services to the Major Gift and Leadership Gift Teams. This work includes building portfolios, conducting portfolio reviews and making recommendations for effective prospecting.
- Maintain a high level of expertise and interest in Prospect Research as well as all aspects of Prospect Development trends. Continue to maintain a high level of expertise in both external and internal electronic resources used for Prospect Research and Prospect Development. Assist the Director of Research & Prospect Development to continually keep data in internal electronic resources as accurate and current as possible.
- Work with Advancement Services and Alumni Relations Colleagues to ensure high data integrity within the ODAR CRM system.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Prospect Development/Prospect Research/Prospect Management field including an understanding of advancement processes and terminology
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising principles and practices
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately and concisely
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and summarize in user-friendly formats
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Commitment to treat all information as highly confidential and adhere to Apra Code of Ethics
- Experience in internet based research tools and techniques required. Familiarity with LexisNexis for Development Professionals, iWave & DonorSearch preferred. Previous experience with Sage Millennium is a plus.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.