Position Overview: Responsible for the financial administration, management and oversight for all federal and private grants. The senior accountant will work with internal constituents to ensure grant fund reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner. This role will monitor and verify that indirect costs are accurate. Responsible for identifying and researching budget deficits, resolving conflicts, processing correcting entries and reconciling all grants to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Record and upload journal entries and perform other tasks related to month-end close.
- Review, analyze, and reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare journal entries, as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset system (including asset additions, adjustments, retirements, and monthly and annual close processes), ensuring accurate and complete data.
- Generate month-end accounting journals and prepare reconciliations for Fixed Assets related activity and process monthly depreciation entries.
- Prepare various analyses and reports such as monthly capital purchases report, reconciliations, depreciation variance analysis, and quarterly and year-end audit reports.
- Finance PCI compliance liaison with Information Technology Department.
- Monitor and maintain internal controls for respective areas of responsibility.
- Documenting and maintaining processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business Administration with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in an institution of higher education. MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in Grant Accounting including knowledge of policies and regulations governing sponsored awards
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with staff and internal/external constituents
- Requires highly organized individual with strong technical, accounting, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- 2-5 years of experience with PCI Compliance
- The ability to work within strict time constraints and able to manage multiple tasks is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; experience with Jenzabar CX System a plus
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.