Position Overview: The senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. The senior accountant will also support the preparation of the College’s annual financial statements and annual audit by external auditors. A successful senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate also has experience collaborating and/or working as part of a team.
- Maintain the fixed asset system (including asset additions, adjustments, retirements, and monthly and annual close processes), ensuring accurate and complete data.
- Generate month-end accounting journals and prepare reconciliations for Fixed Assets related activity.
- Process monthly depreciation entries.
- Prepare various analyses and reports such as monthly capital purchase reports, reconciliations, depreciation variance analysis, and quarterly and year-end audit reports.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports for all federal, state and private grants.
- Work with internal constituents to ensure grant fund reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and verify that indirect costs related to grants are accurate.
- Identify and research grant budget deficits, resolve conflicts, process correcting entries and reconcile all grants to G/L monthly.
- Assist in preparation of the College’s year-end audit and financial statements.
- Prepare supporting schedules, reconciliations and other year-end analyses to ensure accuracy of the financial statement presentation.
- Finance PCI compliance liaison with Information Technology Department.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- Strong Excel skills, including use of pivot tables and VLOOKUP are a plus.
- Excellent independent working skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Extra content for contact info or other short notes