Senior Administrative Assistant
Position Overview: Merrimack College invites applications for a senior administrative assistant position to provide support to the Office of the Dean of the School of Liberal Arts. The start date is immediate. This is a 12 month, 40 hour a week position. The senior administrative assistant will assist the dean and office staff in the daily operation of the office and will serve as the liaison between students, parents, faculty, and staff across campus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily office reception and administrative support by answering phones, photocopying, email correspondence, managing daily mail, calendar management and management of records and files.
- Field calls and answer questions from administrative assistants, faculty, parents, and students. Troubleshoot problems and attempt to resolve issues. Refer calls when needed to Liberal arts Dean and Associate Dean.
- Prepare and process travel expense reports for the Dean and Associate Dean, as well as for the School of Liberal Arts faculty. Process expense reports, purchases orders, invoices, check requests, and faculty and student paperwork.
- Support social media presence, including updating of School of Liberal Arts Web page [Face Book, and Twitter accounts].
- Create Rise-System announcements for advertising upcoming events and happenings and promoting the School of Liberal Arts.
- Work with Associate Dean on Unadvised (UA) student initiatives to increase retention.
- Report budgetary information to the senior administrator.
- Engage in Event Planning, including but not limited to: Set up/cancel reservations for Chairs and School of Liberal Arts Meetings, and other School functions, including booking rooms, ordering catering and computer set up.
- Attend required meetings, take minutes, compile and post an agenda and meeting calendar.
- Order office supplies, purchase equipment, and request computer hardware and software for faculty.
- Coordinate student travel and hotel accommodations for the School of Liberal Arts-sponsored out-of-state alumni networking events.
- Coordinate letter mailings; manage printing of collateral pieces.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years administrative office experience required, preferably in a higher education setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage confidential and time-sensitive information with discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work effectively with administrators, faculty, and students.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Capacity to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with developing marketing materials would be preferred
Merrimack College is a selective four-year Catholic college in the Augustinian tradition, offering programs in the liberal arts, business, the sciences, and engineering for its students. The college is located in the Merrimack Valley approximately 25 miles north of Boston.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit the following: 1) a cover letter; 2) a resume with contact information for references. Please apply by January 5, 2018 for full consideration. Application review will begin on January 5th and will continue until position is filled.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.