Position Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Administrator is responsible for assisting the VPAA/Provost in the execution of his duties and responsibilities. The Senior Administrator also provides overall support to the Office of the VPAA/Provost, the Provost’s Senior Staff and is responsible for handling a wide range of administrative support tasks. The Senior Administrator is responsible for effective communication and interaction with the Office of the President, the Office of the Executive Vice President/COO/CFO, and all other departments throughout Merrimack College. The Senior Administrator must have a strong professional demeanor, and be reliable and trustworthy, especially when managing confidential and time-sensitive materials.
- Assist the VPAA/Provost in the day-to-day operations of the office. Manage daily operations of the Provost and Senior Staff, such as maintaining their calendars, composing correspondence, coordinating all travel accommodations, conference registrations and all travel expense documentation.
- Management of key projects assigned to the VPAA/ Provost Office and coordination with various internal and external constituents. Prepare necessary documents, proofread and edit drafts, coordinate distribution. Track and protect confidential and sensitive information and use discretion when disseminating information.
- Serve as the principal point of contact for the VPAA/Provost’s Office for both internal and external constituents. Field calls on policies and procedures, operations and other College-related and VPAA/Provost’s Office information requests.
- Coordinate meetings with the responsibilities of scheduling meeting space, accurate note taking/meeting minutes, and assisting VPAA/Provost and Senior Staff with appropriate follow-up action items. Responsibilities also include posting/disseminating information including agendas and minutes.
- Coordinate and maintain faculty related affairs.
- Coordinate a wide range of events (conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.)
- Maintaining and updating the content on the office web pages as needed to keep all information current and up-to-date, and support production of Provost Bulletin.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum of 5+ years administrative office experience, preferably in higher education or a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, including advance level of Excel proficiency (ability to write and combine formulas, utilize pivot tables, conditional formatting, write macros, and generate charts and reports)
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Calendar/Gmail/Drive) Required
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, exercise independent judgement, and remain calm under stress
- Ability to coordinate special projects and special events with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with basic web maintenance
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Cultural competence, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and ability to communicate with and serve diverse constituencies.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 9/19/21
Position Code: 872