Position Overview: The Senior Administrator is responsible for assisting the Dean in the execution of his/her duties and responsibilities. The position requires complex office management functions and high level administrative support. The Senior Administrator handles a wide range of administrative support tasks that involve effective communication and interaction with the office of the President, the Office of the Provost, L.A. departments, Fiscal Affairs, Registrar, H.R. and other departments throughout Merrimack College. The Senior Administrator also provides support to the Chairs, Directors, and faculty of the School of Health Sciences. The Senior Administrator must have a strong professional demeanor, be reliable and trustworthy, especially when managing confidential and time-sensitive materials.
● Assist the Dean in the day-to-day operations of the office. Manage the calendar, coordinate and prioritize appointments, compile various reports and maintain records and other documents.
● Provide complex and time critical office management functions. Proof-read and edit, when necessary, drafts before distribution. Track and protect confidential and sensitive information and use discretion when disseminating information.
● Support special projects of the Dean. Create, maintain and update spreadsheets, tables and other documents.
● Work with Assistant Dean of Admin and Finance to process invoices, purchase orders, expense reports and check requests. Manage and submit Health Science faculty grant purchases and orders keeping the Assistant Dean in the loop.
● Assist the Dean with appointments, resignations, retirements, (for Schools: sabbaticals, tenure and promotion cases and faculty evaluations). Manage new hire documents, schedules phone interviews, schedules on-campus interviews and communicate/conduct the on-boarding process.
● Serve as the liaison for the Dean between other offices on campus. Initiate communication with other departments. Reserve space and make reservations for meetings. Prioritize the scheduled events and follow up to ensure deadlines are met.
● Provide support to the Chairs, Directors, and faculty of the School of Health Sciences.
● Attend (chairs) meetings, and school meetings, take minutes and post/disseminate information including agendas and minutes.
● Field calls daily on policies and procedures, operations and other School/office information requests. Schedule out of town conferences, workshops and meetings.
● Provide direction to School employee’s on Dean’s initiatives. Assists the Dean and Assistant Deans with internal/external communications, including updating/maintaining the website, social media, newsletters and the Rise applications.
● Maintain a database of the School of Health Sciences and comprehensive administrative filing system for the Dean’s office.
● Manage student payroll and student timesheets for the School of Health Sciences.
● Delegate clerical task to student workers and other administrative assistants as needed.
● Plan and implement special events including: School Meetings, Distinguished Speaker Series, Partnership Events, Grad Celebrations and Nursing events.
● Additional administrative tasks as and when needed.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field
● Experience in higher education is a plus
● Advanced skills in excel and Microsoft office as well as academic software programs
● Experience in reporting , writing, and verbal communication
● Demonstrate a strong professional demeanor and an ability to maintain confidentiality
● Ability to problem-solve. Work independently and as a team
● Work well under pressure and deadlines.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack college is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 0767