Position Overview: Reporting to the Senior Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission, Merrimack College seeks applicants for the position of Senior Admission Counselor of Admission. The Senior Admission Counselor will be an integral part of the team responsible for recruiting and enrolling new undergraduate students. Serving as an advisor to prospective students, their families, secondary school counselors and others, the Senior Admission Counselor will effectively communicate Merrimack’s value proposition. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing a recruitment plan for an assigned recruitment territory, which may be comprised of primary, secondary, and/or tertiary markets. As a result, the expectation is that the individual selected for this role has the willingness and ability to travel independently for extensive periods of time in assigned territories throughout the United States.
As a member of the Admission team, the Senior Admission Counselor is expected to actively participate in the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and enroll an entering class that meets institutional goals.
- Ability to thrive in a data-orientated, analytical environment
- Superior written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with prospective students, parents, school counselors, alumni, colleagues, members of the Merrimack community, and others
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- The responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, implement, and participate in on and off-campus recruitment and yield activities designed to guide students from prospect to matriculant.
- Represent Merrimack College to prospective students and their families by attending college fairs/nights and individual visits to high schools, in addition to conducting on-campus group information sessions for students, parents and school counselors.
- Provide exceptional customer service, by establishing channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admission process – inquiry through enrolled student.
- Assist students in the application process through encouragement, answering questions, and providing other advice.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission committee that makes admission decisions.
- Develop and maintain a network of school and education counselor contacts. Continue to maintain relationships throughout the year; keeping these contacts apprised of current news about the Merrimack community.
- Share responsibility for meeting institutional enrollment goals.
- Participate in all signature admission events including Academic Preview Day, Open House and Admitted Student Day as well as Welcome Center counselor coverage
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience working in college admission preferred.
- Experience with Slate CRM preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel independently for extended periods of time with overnights.
- Ability and willingness to work outside a traditional “9-5” schedule, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Valid U.S. Driving license and U.S. Passport.
This is a full time, fiscal year position.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.