Position Overview: Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admission and International Recruitment, Merrimack College seeks applicants for the position of Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director. The Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director will be an integral part of the team responsible for recruiting and enrolling new first-year undergraduate students, both domestic and international. Serving as an advisor to prospective students, their families, secondary school counselors and other constituents, the Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director will effectively communicate Merrimack’s value proposition.
This person will be responsible for developing and implementing a recruitment plan for an assigned recruitment territory. His/her assigned territory will be comprised of targeted markets within the U.S. and also internationally. As a result, the expectation will be that this person has the willingness and ability to travel independently and as part of small groups for extended periods of time in both the U.S. and abroad. As a member of the Admission team, the Senior Admission Counselor/Assistant Director is expected to actively participate in the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and enroll an entering class that meets institutional goals.
A successful candidate for this position will demonstrate exceptional communication, interpersonal, and multicultural skills. S/he will have the ability to establish and develop long-term professional relationships. In addition, this person must have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, target driven environment. Valid driver’s license, U.S. Passport, the willingness and ability to travel extended periods, and work extended hours including evenings and weekends is required. Proficiency in a foreign language and/or experience working, living, and/or studying in a foreign country is preferred. Preferred languages for Merrimack’s target international markets include, but are not limited to, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Arabic or Spanish.
- Plan, implement, and participate in on and off-campus recruitment and yield activities designed to guide students from prospect to matriculated student.
- Represent Merrimack College in assigned domestic and international territories by attending college fairs/nights, individual visits to secondary schools, and other recruitment and yield events.
- Provide exceptional customer service, by establishing channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admission process – inquiry through enrolled student.
- Assist students and families in the application process through encouragement, answering questions, and providing other advice.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission committee that makes admission decisions.
- Maintain working knowledge of policies and procedures regarding visa issuance, student exchange regulations, custom and immigration enforcement regulations and adherence to both governmental and university standards and practices.
- Review international education credentials and assess English language proficiency requirements.
- Develop and maintain a network of school and education counselor contacts. Continue to maintain relationships throughout the year; keeping these contacts apprised of current news about the Merrimack community.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the full range of offerings at Merrimack including undergraduate, graduate, online, transfer, and special programs.
- Share responsibility for meeting institutional enrollment goals.
- Participate in all signature admission events including Academic Preview Day, Open House, Admitted Student Day as well as Welcome Center counselor coverage.
To Apply: This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with resume and cover letter.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Extra content for contact info or other short notes