Position Overview: Under the direction of the Associate VP, Capital Planning and Facilities, the Senior Construction Project Manager is responsible to provide management of campus construction and remodeling projects, including compliance with building codes and land use development regulations, obtaining building permits. Position will require overseeing the performance of architects, engineers, consultants, vendors and construction contractors, performing site visits during construction and writing reports, developing and controlling project budgets, coordinating efforts between contractors and college staff, and managing construction program documentation. This position also provides analysis and assessment of campus facilities in order to plan for future construction programs. The Senior Construction Project Manager manages the day-to-day efforts related to planning, design, construction, contract administration, vendor management and implementation on a single or a series of construction projects for Merrimack College. The Senior Construction Project Manager will strive to complete projects within budget, on schedule, while executing the leadership’s vision and following appropriate governmental regulations.
- Manages the performance of site inspections of buildings and grounds and to assess conditions including compliance with current codes and standards. Prepare reports and recommendations for building additions, improvements, renovations or repairs and assure compliance with zoning and development ordinances, building codes, fire and life safety regulations and college standards.
- Under the direction of the AVP, responsible for all phases of the design construction up through the final punch-list, project turnover phase, including document close-out for both new construction or refurbishment projects.
- Assesses, and documents project scope and program, describing the objectives, physical requirements, parameters, and constraints of the project, including not only the college’s functional needs but also external requirements for health and safety, internal operations, maintenance, energy efficiency, quality standards, and aesthetics
- Acquire inputs from the VP, Chief Business Officer and the Associate VP, Capital Planning and Facilities, and translates requirements to contractors while also holding them accountable
- Provides leadership and supervision to assigned consultants and vendors.
- Prepares and maintains accurate, coherent, timely, and auditable project records/files, purchase orders, invoices, and cost estimates with department procedures.
- Regularly visits project sites to assess progress, proactively identify problems with quality of work, meeting project milestone deadlines or any other project related concerns.
- Maintains communications on a regular and timely basis, ensuring that all project participants are informed of project status, problems, and required actions
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience in a technical field related to construction, capital project management, real estate development or the equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Administration, Architecture, Planning or related field.
- Experience with executing renovation and construction programs in a large, complex setting; with focus on driving to attain and stay within constraints
- Experience managing complex construction project budgets
- Ability to establish & maintain trusting relationships based on demonstrated performance and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant construction project management software including those focused on project estimating, project scheduling and AutoCAD, or similar
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to building and construction
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the college.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity
This role is considered Essential Personnel, the ability to occasionally work nights and weekends as needed is required.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 5/25/21
Position Code: 0863