Position Description & Responsibilities
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at Merrimack College seeks an energetic and experienced individual to fill the position of Senior Instructional Technology Specialist. This is a full-time position reporting to the AVP Teaching, Learning, and Digital Innovation. This individual is responsible for researching, implementing, and supporting technology in the academic setting including assisting faculty with the use of technology in the classroom, administration of course management software and maintenance, and the support and administration of other academic software in McQuade Library and across campus.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and system administrator for the Learning Management System (LMS), Blackboard Ultra. Provide user support for the LMS.
- Provide management, configuration and support for the mobile device management system (Jamf).
- Assist and support library partners with proxy server/authentication for remote access to online resources.
- Tracks usage of tools and the LMS features to provide reports on trends and create and executes a plan to address those issues and trends.
- Administer and support additional technologies for teaching and learning, including Blackboard Collaborate and Blackboard Ally, Apple Suite, and Class for Zoom.
- Develop and manage strategies for successful implementation of new mobile devices.
- Assist and support faculty integration of mobile devices and other technology for teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Develop training materials including videos, workflows, and other resources for educational technologies, for staff, faculty and student use.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the CETL web presence.
- Build and deploy mobile device configuration profiles for faculty iPads and Apple TV’s using JAMF tools.
- Participate in the design and facilitation of professional development programs and orientations designed for faculty.
- Research and evaluate emerging instructional technologies and methods.
- Collaborate internally with IT partners to design and facilitate professional development programs for staff on technology related areas as well as specialized topics in response to specific requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Technology or related field. Master’s preferred.
- 5+ year’s experience in related field
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to convey technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends and developments in the field of instructional technology.
- Experience supporting/managing iPads in an educational setting is essential.
- Experience with Blackboard Ultra a plus.
- Experience with Google Suite a plus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.[BL1]
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 9/29/21
Position Code: 721