Position Description & Responsibilities
Merrimack College is seeking an experienced Higher Ed. Student Information Systems (SIS), Enterprise Research Planning (ERP), and Constituent Relationship Manager (CRM) Systems Administrator. This person will be responsible for the administration and technical support for the Microsoft SQL Server database environment and specifically current systems: Jenzabar One (ERP/SIS) software suite, including Jenzabar Internet Campus Solution (JICS) web applications (CRM). Other systems are SLATE (CRM), PowerFAIDS, EMS and Canvas.
- Manages all activities related to the maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system: data imports/exports/extracts, peripheral equipment, printing, and other system and database administration and maintenance.
- Provides training on ERP system use, and troubleshoots problems encountered by users.
- Query databases using the SQL Server administrative tools. Write Transact-SQL statements to query data, manipulate data, and assist with report writing.
- Responsible for developing and implementing standards, procedures, and controls that ensure the confidentiality, security, integrity, availability, and reliability of data, files and documents.
- Develop and run institutional reports in a variety of ODBCcompliant ad-hoc reporting tools, including Infomaker; Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL Server Reporting Services. Assist in turning reports into information.
- Train major users and potential users on report writing and data warehouse/reports.
- Develop and/or work with staff to create/develop/possibly maintain standard data reports customizable by the end user.
- Import and export data using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Develop and maintain proficiency with vendor-provided administrative tools for Jenzabar One and JICS and related products. Act as liaison with Jenzabar support and Merrimack College users.
- Support and lead business process improvement through the higher level use of Jenzabar. Evaluate new software product functionality for introduction into Wells College’s Information System environment. Conduct training sessions on new system functionality. Develop training materials, training plans and schedules. Create and update system documentation as needed for departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required - or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to work well in a team environment and meet deadlines and able to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Cultural competence, commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and ability to work with and serve diverse constituencies.
- At least 2 years experience at a higher education institution.
Statement on Our Mission:
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue. Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
• Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning;
• Names and contact information of three references.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations and Remote Work:
This is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community. Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 11/30/21
Position Code: 109