Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Social Media Manager supports marketing and communication strategies through the creative development and delivery of content across Merrimack’s social media platforms to effectively deliver integrated messages to diverse audiences, promote brand recognition, support enrollment goals and reinforce the college’s core values and institutional priorities. Always monitoring social channels, the Manager is a front line communicator delivering information, strengthening brand, and driving support for strategic priorities. The Manager will create content (writing, video and photography) in collaboration with staff, students and vendors for use across digital channels. This includes researching, writing, recording, editing, proofing, and publishing information, tailoring messages and content to maximize effectiveness. Ongoing research, education, and testing are required to keep the social strategy current with evolving best practices and audience preferences and behaviors.
- Serve as the college’s brand voice across multiple social media channels, conveying a positive, lively, upbeat view of life at Merrimack for current students, prospective students and families, media, and other audiences
- Manage an editorial calendar and collaborate with campus partners to ensure there is a constant stream of innovative and authentic content across all college digital communication channels
- Conceptualize, create and execute multimedia social content (video, photography, etc.) to build community and increase loyalty across social media platforms using both internal resources and external partners as needed;
- Manage projects from start to completion by creating timelines, trafficking projects, and maintaining appropriate project documentation;
- Monitors and responds to social media conversations and keep key internal stakeholders informed of trends and topics of interest.
- Understand the differences among the college’s social media channels including which of our audiences a present on each as well as the type and frequency of content best-suited for each;
- Use tools such as Agorapulse, Google Analytics, AdStage, and platform native measurement to set campaign goals, gauge the effectiveness of campaigns, and recommend new approaches as needed to reach those goals;
- Collaborate with and coordinate the efforts of other social media communicators across campus to provide training and develop social media content plans that are consistent with the college’s voice, brand, and identify;
- Supervise a team of student workers to assist with implementing social strategy
- Work with various external vendors on marketing projects as needed
- Keep up to date on social media marketing best practices to keep Merrimack’s social media strategy ahead of the curve
- Bachelor’s degree required. English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience managing communications, marketing or social media plans, including content development and brand messaging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and familiarity with associated scheduling tools and reporting services.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Analytic skills to monitor and assess social media metrics;
- Excellent editing skills with strong focus on written presentation and grammatical accuracy.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Knowledge of and experience with creating videos for social media channels (both in technical requirements and format/content). Video editing experience with Final Cut Pro preferred.
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.