Position Overview: The Office of Admission at Merrimack College is looking for two highly motivated Senior Admission Counselors. The Senior Admission Counselors will be an integral part of the team and responsible for recruiting and enrolling new undergraduate students. These positions will be responsible for developing and implementing a recruitment plan for an assigned recruitment territory, which may be primary, secondary, and/or tertiary markets. As members of the Admission team, the Senior Admission Counselors are expected to actively participate in the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and enroll an entering class that meets institutional goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service, by establishing channels of
communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College
- Counsel and advise prospective students, their families, secondary school counselors and other community members about the admissions process and effectively communicate Merrimack’s value proposition.
- Represent Merrimack College by attending college fairs/nights, individual visits to high schools, group information sessions & workshops for students, parents and school counselors
- Plan and implement recruitment travel for extensive periods of time throughout the United States.
- Assist students in the application process through encouragement,
answering questions, and providing other advice
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission committee that makes admission decisions
- Develop and maintain a network of school and education counselor contacts. Continue to maintain relationships throughout the year; keeping these contacts apprised of current news about the Merrimack community
- Participate in all signature admission events including Academic Preview Day, Open House and Admitted Student Day, as well as Welcome Center counselor coverage
- Share responsibility for meeting institutional enrollment goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Evidence of a strong commitment to and experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, preferably in a higher education setting
- Cross-cultural competence and ability to communicate effectively with students and families from diverse backgrounds
- 1 - 3 years’ experience working in higher education, admission & enrollment preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights & weekends, & travel independently for extended periods of time with overnights. Valid U.S. Driving license required
- Superior written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with prospective students, parents, school counselors, alumni, colleagues, and members of the Merrimack community
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a data-orientated, analytical environment
- Experience with Slate CRM preferred.
To Apply: Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity,
and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 7/8/21
Position Code: 0205, 0701