Position Overview: The Office of Admission at Merrimack College is looking for a highly motivated Senior Admission Counselor. Reporting to the Senior Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission, the Senior Admission Counselor will be an integral part of the team and responsible for recruiting and enrolling new undergraduate students. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing a recruitment plan for an assigned recruitment territory, which may be primary, secondary, and/or tertiary markets. As a member of the Admission team, the Senior Admission Counselor is expected to actively participate in the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and enroll an entering class that meets institutional goals.
1. Provide exceptional customer service, by establishing channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admissions process starting at the inquiry stage through their enrollment at the college.
2. Represent Merrimack College by attending college fairs/nights, individual visits to high schools, group information sessions & workshops for students, parents and school counselors.
3. Counsel and advise prospective students, their families, secondary school counselors and other community members about the admissions process and effectively effectively communicate Merrimack’s value proposition.
4. Plan and implement recruitment travel in assigned geographic territories.
5. Assist students in the application process through encouragement, answering questions, and providing other advice.
6. Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission committee that makes admission decisions.
7. Develop and maintain a network of school and education counselor contacts. Continue to maintain relationships throughout the year; keeping these contacts apprised of current news about the Merrimack commnity.
8. Participate in all signature admission eve.nts including Academic Preview Day, Open House and Admitted Student Day, as well as Welcome Center counselor coverage.
9. Share responsibility for meeting institutional enrollment goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
- Evidence of a strong commitment to and experience with Diversity, Inclusion and Equity, preferably in a higher education setting
- Cross-cultural competence and ability to communicate effectively with students and families from diverse backgrounds
- Superior written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with prospective students, parents, school counselors, alumni, colleagues, and members of the Merrimack community
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights & weekends
- Ability & willingness to travel independently for extended period of time with overnights
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a data-orientated, analytical environment
- 1 - 3 years’ experience working in higher education, admission & enrollment preferred
- Experience with Slate CRM preferred.
To Apply: Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 4/18/21
Position Code: 0205