Position Overview: The Senior Director is responsible for leading and executing multi-channel marketing strategies to enhance awareness and drive enrollment in support of Merrimack College’s graduate and continuing and professional studies programs. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer, the Senior Director will oversee marketing strategies and plans including executing and optimizing marketing campaigns, developing messaging and collateral, and creating new approaches to generate prospective students, stealth applicants and to yield improved applicant conversions in alignment with enrollment targets. This individual will collaborate with leadership across Merrimack’s academic areas and work closely with the admissions and recruiting teams on enrollment funnel strategies to align messages with audience needs and ensure consistency in the College’s brand and message. As a key leader on the Marketing team, this individual will have a proven track record of leading teams, creating and executing marketing strategies and measuring outcomes.
- Leads strategic planning for Merrimack College’s graduate and continuing and professional studies programs in support of annual enrollment targets in partnership with the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer, academic areas, and the admissions and recruiting team;
- Oversees a marketing team responsible for executing lead generating portfolio and program based marketing strategies and maintains a portfolio of programs for execution;
- Establishes key performance indicators to measure, improve and share marketing results on a regular basis with key stakeholders;
- Applies best practices to execution of marketing plans that leverage a range of integrated channels including digital, email, direct response and social media;
- Leads strategy for cultivating leads and inquiries through the College’s CRM (Slate) by creating content and marketing technology plans (communication flows, scoring, segmentation, etc.)
- Plans and collaborates with the admissions and recruiting team on enrollment strategies to create an experience that supports optimal yields;
- Oversees and manages marketing budgets;
- Supervises key vendor relationships to ensure maximum impact of services and alignment with enrollment strategies, the College’s brand and messaging guidelines;
- Fosters collaboration and strong relationships with key stakeholders internal and external to the Marketing Communications team;
- Promotes collaboration and clear, frequent communication internally and externally to the Marketing team;
- Stays current with industry best practices, emerging marketing technologies, and trends to reach targeted audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with marketing technologies such as CRM and automation systems;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Comfortable leading and facilitating challenging conversations;
- Discretion, diplomacy and ability to work well with teams;
- Ability to thrive in, embrace and create a culture of idea generation and to maintain and encourage flexibility in changing environments;
- Ability to solve problems independently, seeks opportunities to take on responsibility, embraces challenges and effectively acts on ongoing and new initiatives;
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing management, performance marketing, marketing strategy and/or marketing communications;
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing lead generation marketing plans that leverage a range of media and variety of channels;
- Prior experience in supervising, leading and inspiring a marketing team;
- Higher education and/or agency experience preferred, but not required.
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter. Only complete applications will be considered.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.