Position Description: Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Students, Merrimack College seeks an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Specialist. This position will be an integral part of the Division of Student Affairs with responsibilities including the development of campus-wide student and parent communication. This position requires a person who will be able to create strong interpersonal relationships with both students and staff. We are looking for an individual who will bring creative ideas to market programs and events as well as develop and execute divisional communication.
- Create and maintain multiple campus wide newsletters for students and parents and families.
- Maintain and update the Rise Vision programming on the Student Life affiliated TVs as well as creating innovative ways to utilize the system.
- Design, write, and edit all marketing materials for the Division of Student Affairs including print outs, mailings, emails, and invites.
- Manage social media platforms for the Division of Student Affairs, including implementing strategies for more outreach and engagement.
- Provide creative guidance and project management support to all departments within Student Affairs.
- Provide audio visual support through photography and videography for events and programs hosted by the departments within Student Affairs.
- Support technology needs for training sessions, workshops, presentations, and leadership development opportunities through the Division of Student Affairs.
- Work with the Office of Communications on various projects as seen necessary.
- Supervise a graduate fellow and student staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 1-2 years experience with marketing, communication, and graphic design, may coincide with graduate work.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships with students and staff.
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast pace environment with exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekend is required.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.