Position Overview: The teacher education program specialist provides dedicated support to students enrolled in the CBE online teacher education graduate program (M.Ed.).
- Day-to-day resource for CBE students to ensure questions and issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Support students through regular communications, outreach and intervention. This includes weekly phone calls with each student to address academic progress, professional development plans, and general trouble-shooting regarding the student experience.
- Assist students in facilitating professional networking
- Monitor key success indicators, student engagement trends, and individual performance trends
- Coordinate with graduate program leadership to develop strategies, tools and resources to facilitate student success and engagement
- Facilitate weekly check-ins with faculty (eg, feedback from students; meeting individual student needs; analyze student trends in the course)
Orientation and Onboarding Support
- Conduct new student orientation via webinar to review program of study, timeline to completion, program and licensure requirements, course advising and selection, and the technology platform
- Connect students with Merrimack support services and administrative offices, and trouble-shoot when necessary
- Communicate all syllabus and textbook information
- Program supervisor for practicum and/or internship; average 5-10 students per semester and requiring travel throughout Massachusetts
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a PreK-12 setting and/or the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE)
- Experience supervising and/or mentoring PreK-12 teachers
- Experience working in higher education preferred
- Evening and weekend work is required, but flexible with remote opportunities
- Highly detailed and organized, the ability to function as both a team member and work independently when required, and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple on-going, large, time-sensitive and complex projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Public speaking experience a plus.
- Knowledge and general understanding of academic program administration.
- Knowledge and general understanding of the graduate program requirements.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.