Position Description & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Website Services, the Website Manager is a member of the Department of Marketing & Communications team and is responsible for executing and managing day-to-day functions of Merrimack College’s website.
With a focus on user experience, the Website Manager will provide daily management for the College’s Content Management System (CMS), manage CMS workflow processes, make copy and design updates, monitor SEO performance and create digital content. This individual will have strong technical skills and work successfully with the communications team to support communications needs and undergraduate and graduate marketing efforts and to assist campus partners with digital solutions.
- Create and/or modify web templates within the CMS
- Ensure Merrimack website copy and content development provides the best user experience for prospective and current students, parents, alumni and friends
- Foster strong relationships with colleagues and advise them of web best practices in content layout using existing web templates
- Monitor and maintain website health by resolving broken links, duplicate content, etc.
- Manage CMS ticketing system and workflow process
- Create and manage timelines for website projects
- Monitor webpages, forms and documents for WCAG 2.1 accessibility compliance and use of brand standards
- Use Google Analytics, heatmaps and other tools to inform strategic decision making and content direction
- Monitor SEO performance
- Research and implement new technology and features to enhance user experience and support goals of the Merrimack website
- Monitor and ensure website usability, compatibility and visual consistency across commonly used browsers and overall mobile experience
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications teams to implement campaign tracking codes to track effectiveness of various marketing campaigns and efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of study
- At least 3 year experience working in a proprietary or open source web Content Management System (Word press, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience planning and implementing website redesign projects preferred
- Knowledge of Google webmaster tools, including web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit content for the web
- Understanding of SEO and UX best practices, SEO keyword research experience a plus
- Basic understanding of web accessibility and a desire to learn more
- Familiarity with front/back-end development concepts and functions
- Commitment to and experience with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion best practices, especially in higher education
- A creative eye and working knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong attention to detail, flexible and deadline oriented
- Exceptional organizational, communication, collaboration and customer service skills
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 509