Eligible faculty may apply for Faculty Development Grants for projects to be undertaken in support of their professional development.
The scope of work appropriate for a faculty development grant must lie within the applicant’s field or in some other field that will contribute to the applicant’s particular academic competencies. Faculty may propose to work jointly on a project but must submit individual applications to ensure individual grant accountability.
Acceptable grant proposals would normally include the following categories:
- Category A. Faculty education, which would include, for example, course work, workshops, intended to update, retrain, or acquire knowledge of a field.
- Category B. Teaching improvement, which would include development of new teaching techniques; for example, audiovisual assisted instruction.
- Category C. Fine and applied arts projects and research and writing, which would involve proposals for preparing works for exhibition, performance, or publication, completing books or monographs, and continuing professional research.
Application for work done as part of a degree program shall be acceptable provided it qualifies under one of the above three categories.
- Solicitation of Proposals: December 1
- Proposal Deadline: February 1
- Proposal Review Process Completed: March 15
- Announcement of Awards: April 15
- Summary Report Deadline: November 1
- Progress Report Deadline*: December 1
*Only required by faculty that are submitting proposals to extend existing projects.
Full-time faculty in good standing with the Faculty Development Committee may apply for Faculty Development Grants. Failure to meet participation requirements will disqualify a faculty member from applying for a Faculty Development Grant in the next academic year. Participation requirements consist of submitting acceptable summary and/or progress reports as described below
How to Apply
Electronic Submission NEW THIS YEAR:
Electronic Submissions are optional, but encouraged. If you choose the electronic submission option, email one PDF file attachment of all completed and signed application forms and supporting information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: all documents should be scanned to ONE file. Please label your file as follows: LAST NAME - FIRST NAME - 2019-2020 Faculty Development Grant Request.pdf
Five (5) copies of all completed and signed application forms and supporting information should be sent to Jane Parent, Crowe Hall 328.
For details on how to apply and additional information please refer to section 5.9 of the Faculty Handbook