Human Subjects Research
The mission of the Merrimack College Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to safeguard the rights and well-being of human subjects in projects conducted at or sponsored by Merrimack College. The specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and disseminating federally-compliant policies for the protection of human subjects.
- Developing and implementing institutionally-appropriate procedures for ensuring the protection of human subjects, in collaboration with other members of the Merrimack College community.
- Educating members of the Merrimack College community about the ethical and legal obligations associated with human subject projects.
- Conducting reviews of generalizable research projects to ensure that such research will be carried out in a manner which safeguards the rights and well-being of the subjects.
- Promoting professional development in research ethics for Merrimack College employees in support of their instructional, research and administrative work.
New Online Submission System!
Training Site: If you are not familiar with using the Cayuse software, please begin here to familiarize yourself with it. For access to the Cayuse IRB training site, please click on ‘Cayuse IRB SoftwareTraining Site’
To submit an application for IRB review: For access to the Cayuse IRB online application submission program, click on ‘Submit an Application’.
If you are not sure what forms you need to complete to receive approval for your human subjects research, see “What Type of Review Does My Project Need?” on this page.
In order to conduct any research involving human subjects, you must first complete the online training module and include an electronic copy of your certificate of completion along with your IRB application. Questions may be directed firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Type of Review Does My Project Need?
This chart provides some basic information to help you decide what type of review is required for your project. Complete details on project types and review procedures can be found under IRB Guidelines.
- Merrimack College Federalwide Assurance: FWA 00014062
- FWA renewal is: 10/04/2022
- IORG 0005707
- IRB 00006880, Expires 01/25/2020